THE WEATHER AND SEASONS
1 sunny 2 cloudy 3 clear 4 hazy
5 foggy 6 smoggy 7 windy 8 humid/muggy
9 raining 10 drizzling 11 snowing 12 hailing
13 sleeting 14 lightning 15 thunderstorm 16 snowstorm
17 dust storm 18 heat wave
19 thermometer 20 Fahrenheit 21 Centigrade/Celsius
22 hot 23 warm 24 cool 25 cold 26 freezing
1. sunny 2. cloudy 3. clear 4. hazy
5. foggy 6. windy 7. humid/mu 8. raining
9. drizzling 10. snowing 11. hailing 12. sleeting
13. lightning 14. thunderstorm 15. snowstorm 16. hurricane/ typhoon 17. tornado
cyclone: a violent storm with rotating wind
- They changed their vacation plans because of the cyclone warning.
gale: a wind with a speed between thirty-two and sixty-three miles per hour (between fifty and one hundred kilometers per hour)
- We’d better stay home. It looks like a gale outside.
hurricane: a tropical storm with winds of seventy-four miles per hour (119 kilometers per hour) or greater
- The hurricane took the roof off our neighbor’s house.
sandstorm: a storm of sand in the desert
- During the sandstorm there were clouds of sand in the air.
storm: a strong wind with rain, snow, or hail, and sometimes with thunder and lightning
- They had to stop driving because of the storm.
tornado: a violent storm that whirls in a circular motion at speeds up to three hundred miles per hour
- Everyone must seek shelter; there is a tornado warning for the area.