THE PARK AND THE PLAYGROUND
1. jogging path
2. rest rooms
4. picnic area
5. picnic table
7. trash can
8. merry-go-rouncl/ carousel
11. water fountain
12. band shell
13. bridle path
14. bike rack
15. duck pond
16. bicycle path/ bikeway
19. jungle gym
20. monkey bars
23. tire swing
25. wading pool
Playground, pre-scholl – Picture Dictionary
3 jungle gym
13 roller skates
18 building blocks
19 coloring book
23 safety scissors
24 jigsaw puzzle
amusement park: a park operated as a business that has rides, games, and other entertainment
- All of the children wanted to go on the rides at the amusement park.
botanical garden: a park where plants are cultivated and identified for the public
- There was a beautiful display of orchids at the botanical garden.
national or state park: a parcel of land reserved by the government and administered by the government for preservation and recreation
- You can get a lot of information from the government about visiting the national parks.
park: an outdoor place reserved for the pleasure of the public
- We had a picnic in the park.
playground: a park set aside for children to play in, usually with swings and other equipment for them to play on
- The kids were tired after an afternoon at the playground.
theme park: an elaborate amusement park that is developed around one particular idea, such as a historical time or place, a popular character, or other special interest
- We saw a lot of movie and TV characters at the theme park.
zoo: a park where animals are kept and shown to the public
- The children loved seeing the giraffes at the zoo.