1. Each other and one another mean the same.
- Mary and I write to each other/ one another every day
- They sat without looking at each other/one another.
2. There is a possessive each other’s/ one another’s
- We often borrow each other’s clothes.
- They stood looking into one another’s eyes
Each other/ one another are not used as subjects
- We must each listen carefully to what the other says
(NOT we must listen carefully to what each other say.)
3. Note the difference between each other/ one another and
- They were looking at each other
(= Each person was looking at the other)
- They ware looking at themselves
(= Each person was looking at him or herself)